Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Upstairs Hallway

Wood paneling....hmmm. Not sure what else I can say about it. We didn't want to tear it down because that seemed like so much work. We decided to paint it. And actually...I LOVE it!!! It makes the walls sooo smooth and pretty. The bookcase was red. It made the room so gloomy. 


And the wallpaper...WOW. WOW. WOW. Terrible idea. 


The slate tile is pretty awful too. I want hardwood floors. But, that probably won't happen for awhile. I'm contemplating painting it for now.  


The red went all the way down the stairs. Dreadful. 


Deer light switch covers. Epic!!


This is how our house looked for while after moving in. This was our project corner. We slowly ticked away at it. 


We went to work on the Hallway. The wallpaper was TERRIBLE to get off the walls. It took a long time. Long time!! But, it felt great ripping it off. 


I sanded it down to rough it up a bit. Then I sprayed it with vinegar and water {in a spray bottle}. Then I scraped it off with a kitchen spatula. Ha ha.  


Some came off in big chunks. But most did not. 



I'm glad I had some awesome helpers!!! They actually helped A TON!!! And they enjoyed it. Begged to help. Weirdos! 


After the wallpaper came off I started painting. I had to paint the crown molding at the top and the trim around the center. Then grey between it all. It was a lot of work!!! A LOT!!! 


We installed a new light fixture. 


And I decided to stain all the doors. They are nice solid wood doors. 


And I painted the bookshelf. SO much better!!!


Here's the stained door, the bookshelf put all together, the walls all painted, ect. I {heart} it!!!






It's soooo beautiful!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment