Friday, February 6, 2015

Theater Room

This is probably my favorite room transformation. When we bought it, it was a pool table with a dart board. 

When we first moved in we sold the pool table. 

We put out big fish tank down in this room. But, it was downstairs and nobody really saw the tank anymore. So, hubby kind of let it go. It looked pretty nasty after awhile. That's why we decided to sell it and buy a different one that matched the living room upstairs. It's much better up there. See post about living room for pictures of the new tank. 

On the other part of the room we put our huge comfy sectional and mounted our TV on the wall. It became the Theater Room. It's the perfect room for it because there are no windows. So, it's nice and dark with the lights off. 

We still need to put new trim around, which we will probably do this weekend.

And we need to buy new light fixtures. We'll do that soon too. 

Slowly but surely....



Here's the pool table and the room how it looked when we bought it. The blue wall color was really gross. And there were lots of tiny holes in the wall from the dart board. 




Here's how it looked for a long time. The tank was in one corner.


And just the couch was in the other. It took a long time to get the inspiration for this room. Finally one day it just hit. 



The ceiling was SOOO bad. It was so dirty it was almost brown.

And the dart board was glued to the wall. Tearing it off would have ruined the dry wall. 

I wasn't sure what to do with it. 


I finally had a revelation! A bulletin board!!! I painted it white. Then hubby cut trim to frame it. I painted the trim and then hubby nailed it on. Looks awesome!! Good idea, right? We made it the parents computer area. 


I love this wall of stickers!!! I got them at Target. My favorite store of ALL time!!!  The hubby doesn't like when I go there. Ha ha. Sometimes I sneak there. Shhh. Good thing it's 20 min away from home or I'd really be in trouble. 


We made the corner {where the tank used to be} a reading corner for the kids. I got the bookshelf at my other favorite store, The Restore. It's like a Goodwill for home furnishings. It matched perfectly so I didn't have to do anything to it! 






Here's the ceiling before and after being painted. 



And here's the other half of the room. The Theater part! It's epic. Nuff said! 





The hubby and I fall asleep on this couch like every night. It's too comfy and snuggly!! 


Just need to install the new door we bought yesterday. And the new trim. When it's done, it will be beautifully amazing!!! I {heart} this room!!!! 


I love my hanging teal light from Ikea. My other FAVORITE store. I know, I have a lot. But, that's probably my #1 favorite. I could stay there all day, if I didn't have 6 kids driving me bonkers. It's the worst store to take kids to. Yes, they have a daycare. But, it's always too full to put 6 kids in at once. And they look at us like we're crazy for wanting to put 6 in at once. I stopped trying. Anywho, that spot right below the light, it's mine. I don't even let the kids lay there because I don't want their stank left behind. Ha!


I still need to put pictures in the frames. But, I bought all those frames for only $6 on black Friday at Walmart. Crazy awesome!! They were black. I spray painted them all. They make my heart sing a happy song.

I recently took new family pictures. I can't wait to print them off and hang them in the frames. Just yesterday I finally finished editing them. I love being a photographer, but I wish someone would do the editing for me. My hubbs just let me buy some Photoshop actions. They will change my life. I had fun trying them out. Here are a few of my favorites:



He's a stud!!



Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment