Thursday, February 12, 2015

Rocking Chair

 I went to my favorite Restore and as soon as I saw this chair I fell deeply and madly in love with it! I had to have it!! It was only $10!! 

I knew I could take it hope and add new life to it. 

And I sure did!! I love it!!! 

Here's the chair before...





And here's the chair after...

I just painted it with paint I already had. 

I ripped all the old fabric off the seat. 

The wood under the fabric was really gross and done completely wrong. So, I went to Home Depot and bought some new wood. And then my skilled Hubs made a new seat. 

Then the Hubs and I stapled the the fabric around the wood. We stapled it right onto the top of the chair. Then we used hot glue and just glued the lace trim to cover up the staples. 

So easy! And now so beautiful!!

It's the best rocking chair ever!! I don't know why, but it's sooo comfy!!




1 comment: