Thursday, January 29, 2015

Piano Remodel


Someone was giving away a paino. When I first saw the picture of it I was a little turned off by it. Then I noticed the amazing design across the front of the paino. And it was then that I thought, "I bet I could paint the paino and make it look vintage cool." I sent the picture to my husband and ask him if he wanted it. He was not thrilled about it. He said it probably had lots of problems because it was old. I begged him to just go look at it with me. So, after work we ran over and checked it out. We both decided we wanted it. There were a few broken keys and a few keys that didn't work. 

Once we got it to our house JD went to work on it. He fixed all the keys. The paino had a great sound to it. We all fell in love with it. 

A few weeks later we started painting it in our garage. Painting it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 


Here is the beautiful design on the front that sold me on the paino.


Here is a picture of it before and after. Such a difference!!


And here's how the piano looks in our house. I love it!!


And here are some more pictures of the paino taken in our garage after we painted it. 




See how yucky the keys were??


Well, that inspired us to replace them. That was so hard and sooo time consuming! It took us HOURS upon HOURS!! But, the end result was so worth it. 


We had to pry off all the old tops. Then we had to glue on the new tops. Then we had to file down all the sides to make them fit properly. It was quite the project. We tried to make it romantic though :-)








Here's the piano after we sanded it all down. 




 We had to tear the whole thing down to sand it and paint it. Luckily I'm married to an amazing man who can put things back together. 

If you've never been brave enough to do this to your paino...do it!!! It's SO worth it!! It's really rewarding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment